[CMake] Stopping the VS build when configure fails

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 14:57:00 EDT 2010

> I just hit "Build Solution" which caused ZERO_CHECK project to run because
> my CMakeLists.txt file had changed.  ZERO_CHECK ran CMake which attempted to
> generate a new solution.  Typically this results in a good new project and
> the VS plugin detects this and asks me to load the new project files.
> However in this case, the new project files could not be generated due to
> the error.  For whatever reason VS keeps going even though the ZERO_CHECK
> target failed.

I see. Now I am having some similar problems with 2.8.3-rc1 and
reloads. I did not notice that until today. After I change my
CMakeList.txt  in a subproject (not sure about the root project) and
click build in visual studio 2008 I am no longer getting prompted for
the reload but the build appears to never finish. I have to hit cancel
on the build then windows prompts me to reload the project. No dialog
appeared.

John