[CMake] Stopping the VS build when configure fails

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 12:13:25 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 6:22 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:21 AM, Rolf Eike Beer <eike at sf-mail.de> wrote:
> > Am Friday 01 October 2010 schrieb John Drescher:

> >> That is good. I would be worried if it did not. The error means a file
> >> (traversal.c) is missing in your source or at least not in the folder
> >> that CMake is expecting.
> >
> > As you can see from James' log CMake did in fact _not_ stop the build but
> > continued building even if there was an error in generating. And: yes, I
> have
> > seen MSVC builds e.g. running through "INSTALL" even if one of the
> projects
> > before failed to build.
> >
> Sorry. You are correct. I have never seen this. However I believe the
> op is doing a build directly from cmake which I never do.
>
> John

I just hit "Build Solution" which caused ZERO_CHECK project to run because
my CMakeLists.txt file had changed.  ZERO_CHECK ran CMake which attempted to
generate a new solution.  Typically this results in a good new project and
the VS plugin detects this and asks me to load the new project files.
However in this case, the new project files could not be generated due to
the error.  For whatever reason VS keeps going even though the ZERO_CHECK
target failed.

James