[CMake] Bug ? Or I'm doing something wrong ?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Mar 22 04:52:08 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Benoit Thomas
<benoit.thomas at gameloft.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have the following directory structure
>
>    root
>      |--- project A
>      |--- project B
>
> Project A & B both have their cmakelists.txt file
>
> Root has a cmakelists.txt file which does add_subdirectory for project A
> and B
>
> When I generate the tree in visual studio, I have a solution with both
> projects; and both project A & B have their corresponding cmakelists.txt
> added to the project.
>
> However, the command line for the custom build steps on those files refer
> to root/cmakelists.txt and not project A or B/cmakelists.txt
>
> My problem come when I do a rebuild all, both project A & B tries to
> rebuild both projects and it creates other problems; I have to manually run
> cmake root in command prompt before continuing the build.
>
> My real project is far bigger than what I explain here, but I do not know
> what I'm doing wrong. Can I override this custom build step ? Or can I
> simply disable it ?
>
> Thank you,
> Ben.

Regardless of which CMakeLists.txt file you edit, cmake always re-runs from
the root directory of the project. Is that what you mean?

Or are you running some custom build steps using add_custom_command that are
behaving differently than you expect?

HTH,
David