[CMake] xcode project FOR cmake

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Mar 8 11:27:14 EST 2010

hauns at mac.com wrote:
>everyone:
>
> i am trying to make a custom cmake build on my mac. ideally, i would
like to set up a xcode project for coding/debugging. i have downloaded
sources from kitware and tried to follow instructions in the supplied
readme.txt:

>> You already have a version of CMake installed
>> You can build CMake as any other project with a CMake-based build system:
>> run the installed CMake on the sources of this CMake with your preferred
>> options and generators. Then build it and install it.
>> For instructions how to do this, see http://www.cmake.org/HTML/RunningCMake.html
>
> here is what i do (notice: no configure or bootstrap):
> cd cmake-2.8.0
> cmake -G"Xcode" -H"Source" -B"."

Do not use -H and -B.  (Not mentioned on the page running cmake...)

Try this:

mkdir cmake-2.8.0-build
cd cmake-2.8.0-build
cmake -GXcode ../cmake-2.8.0

Why do you need to build CMake itself with Xcode?

-Bill