[CMake] xcode project FOR cmake

hauns at mac.com hauns at mac.com
Mon Mar 8 11:12:38 EST 2010

everyone:

i am trying to make a custom cmake build on my mac. ideally, i would like to set up a xcode project for coding/debugging. i have downloaded sources from kitware and tried to follow instructions in the supplied readme.txt:

> You already have a version of CMake installed
>
> You can build CMake as any other project with a CMake-based build system:
> run the installed CMake on the sources of this CMake with your preferred
> options and generators. Then build it and install it.
> For instructions how to do this, see http://www.cmake.org/HTML/RunningCMake.html

here is what i do (notice: no configure or bootstrap):
cd cmake-2.8.0
cmake -G"Xcode" -H"Source" -B"."

the generation fails because variables CMake_BINARY_DIR and CMake_SOURCE_DIR remain undefined as seen in CMakeCache.txt. instead, we get:

//Value Computed by CMake
Project_BINARY_DIR:STATIC=/Users/christian/Projects/cmake

//Value Computed by CMake
Project_SOURCE_DIR:STATIC=/Users/christian/Projects/cmake/Source

i have manually defined the missing vars, the .xcodeproj get eventually created but now it screws up with includes (cmsys dir with templates not found).

am i missing something here? i gotta be easier than this.