[CMake] xcodeproj internal reference lottery

hauns at mac.com hauns at mac.com
Wed Mar 3 11:25:28 EST 2010

david,

thanks for your prompt response. you presented an implementation issue as a reason for this behavior - i can understand.
however, do you appreciate the issue of user data getting over written each time? in my opinion this represents a serious limitation of cmake on the mac when trying to use it for a large, collaborative project where continuous and frequent updates are required.

you ask me for an alternative: the mac file system is pretty good at keeping track of files independent of file names/paths. couldn't unique file handles/hash ids be obtained from just there? these can be used instead and presumably provide some stability compared to dynamic pointers in memory (the latter change all the time).

regards