[CMake] How to tell cmake to use libs under Frameworks instead of macports and how to produce valid xcode project file, on Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Sat Jul 3 17:46:17 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Sergio Lopes <knitter.is at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I've had no problems using CMake 2.8.1 and Xcode 3.1.3/4 - what version
> of
> > xcode are you using?
>
> I'm using CMake 2.8.1 from macports and XCode 3.2.2, in Snow Leopard
> 10.6.4.
>
> I actually don't know if it's a CMake problem or not, the only thing I
> can say is that whenever I try to use the XCode generator, the
> resulting files don't open in XCode.

We haven't heard anything like this lately from any other Mac users. Perhaps
it's something specific to your project's CMakeLists.txt files. Can you
point us to your CMakeLists.txt files or give us an example project where
you're seeing this problem?

Can you build CMake itself from its source code using CMake 2.8.1 and Xcode?
(We can: the dashboards for CMake have several machines submitting Xcode
builds...)

Thanks,
David