[CMake] Strange behaviour with self link

Diablo 666 thediablo666 at hotmail.de
Wed Aug 11 04:21:54 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm getting in some trouble with a self linking directory under Linux here. In /home/, there is a sym-link "zam", linking to . (please don't ask me, why they created this one...)

Now I have a directory Test with a sub-directory Foo and the following CMakeLists.txt:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)
PROJECT (TEST)

ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(Foo)

ccmake now creates the following message:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:4 (ADD_SUBDIRECTORY):
   add_subdirectory not given a binary directory but the given source
   directory "/home/zam/zam/zam/diablo/Test/Foo" is not a subdirectory of
   "/home/zam/zam/diablo/Test".  When specifying an out-of-tree source a
   binary directory must be explicitly specified.

Any idea, why this is happening?

Best regards,
Andreas