[CMake] Question about -E cmake_progress_start ...

Xiangyun Kong xykong at yahoo.com
Thu May 28 15:18:38 EDT 2009

I found what cmake did by scannong the cmake source code,
not sure why this is not documented.

In fact, there are quite a few commands not documented,
for the -E cmake_progress_start, based on the implementation,
the syntax format is,

   -E cmake_progress_start [<dir>] [### or <a file contains ###>]

and cmake requires the command line must have exact 4 arguments, and
cmake will create a file

        <dir>/Progress/count.txt

and write the ### to the file.

And the file will be used by another undocumented command,

       -E cmake_progress_report [<dir>]

Xiangyun