[CMake] CMake Error: Cannot determine link language for target "io".

Hendrik Sattler post at hendrik-sattler.de
Tue May 19 08:51:38 EDT 2009

Zitat von Mats Kindahl <mats at Sun.COM>:
> I have an example case where I want to decide the subsystems to include
> dynamically. However, when running CMake, I get the error above.
>
> Anybody can tell me why I get the error and what to do about it?

You could give your files a file ending like 'output.c' instead of
just 'output'. Or, if that is the normal file naming, set the LANGUAGE
file property and the LINKER_LANGUAGE target property.

You have an additional problem: you use target 'io' before it is
defined. If the io library is not installed, yet, this will fail.

HS