[CMake] eclipse generator and sibling folders

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon May 4 14:46:11 EDT 2009

2009/5/4 Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva <miguelf at ieee.org>:
> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 4:36 AM, Eric Noulard wrote:
>> 2009/5/4 Antoine DUCHAMPS:
> [...]
>>> However, the code completion does not work. My application is linked to
>>> an external library (ITK) and I would like to have code completion for
>>> the ITK classes. In kdevelop you have to import the folders containing
>>> the .h files. Do you know how it works in eclipse?
>>
>> You have to add the folder containing the .h files in the list of
>> "includes" for the project.
>> Use
>>
>> Properties on the Project
>>   --> C/C++ General
>>         --> Path and Symbols
>>              --> C++
>>
>> works for me, "most of the time", I say most of the time since I do have
>> some C++ header bloated with macros for which completion does not work at all.
>
> Eric,
>
> Why do you need to do this. There was a problem with standard system
> includes (which should be fixed in the latest cmake version), but
> includes that you add with the cmake include_directories command
> should be picked up by the generator. The generator produces a set of
> pathentry lines such as:
>
> <pathentry include="<path>" kind="inc" path="" system="true" />
>
> Is this not working for you?

Sorry about that,  in fact it works for me. I'm just not using CMake
Eclipse generator for
project that use CVS because the "link ressource" trick does not
enable me to user Team operation
on the source.

Eclipse CDT generator is working just fine for me regarding
"include_directories command"
including code completion.

I did just gave a "generic" Eclipse CDT advice
 which does not fits the Eclipse CDT generator case
(but my "hand-made" Eclipse project with CMake which enables to use CVS)
again sorry about the confusion.

--
Erk