[CMake] eclipse generator and sibling folders

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Mon May 4 08:10:11 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 4:36 AM, Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2009/5/4 Antoine DUCHAMPS:
[...]
>> However, the code completion does not work. My application is linked to
>> an external library (ITK) and I would like to have code completion for
>> the ITK classes. In kdevelop you have to import the folders containing
>> the .h files. Do you know how it works in eclipse?
>
> You have to add the folder containing the .h files in the list of
> "includes" for the project.
> Use
>
> Properties on the Project
>   --> C/C++ General
>         --> Path and Symbols
>              --> C++
>
> works for me, "most of the time", I say most of the time since I do have
> some C++ header bloated with macros for which completion does not work at all.

Eric,

Why do you need to do this. There was a problem with standard system
includes (which should be fixed in the latest cmake version), but
includes that you add with the cmake include_directories command
should be picked up by the generator. The generator produces a set of
pathentry lines such as:

<pathentry include="<path>" kind="inc" path="" system="true" />

Is this not working for you?

Could you diff the .cproject/.project files at points in time before
and after the above change to see what is changing when you make the
changes through the gui.

Thanks,
--Miguel