[CMake] Setting variables in CMakeLists.txt

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sat May 2 09:32:12 EDT 2009

2009/5/2 barcaroller <barcaroller at sympatico.ca>:

> "Eric Noulard" <eric.noulard at gmail.com> wrote
> in message
> news:cbe23c50905020426k2168c820ub9a0f31f738d924e at mail.gmail.com...
>
>>Did you check that your source tree has been properly clean from
>>any files after your [may be first] in-source try?
>>
>>You should delete,
>>   CMakeCache.txt
>>any CMakeFiles/ directories
>>and any other possibly generated file.
>>
>>May be you can try to build a small example project which exhibits
>>the issue and mail it on the list, thus other may try to reproduce the
>>issue?
>

> Yes, if you read my first post you will see that I do a 'rm -f -r *' in the
> 'build' directory to completely remove all cache files/directories, along
> with all object files and binaries.

I did catch that one. But I was asking whether if you check that
your SOURCE tree is clean.

Since you did try in-source may be the following out-of-source builds
weren't clean precisely because the SOURCE tree itself wasn't  clean
of CMake generated files.

> The first post also shows what my little sample project looks like (one
> 'src' and one 'build' directory).

For problems like yours which DO NOT pop-up on others similar config'
a tiny ZIP/TAR/whatever file containing a *full* project which does not
work for you is most of the time a great  help, because we are sure to use
the exact same test case.

I did build such a project (find it attached) and I do have similar
issue with CMake 2.6.4,
I did not track down the problem.

May be other will try. I'm not sure to have time to do it.

--
Erk