[CMake] Need ability to install only dll portion of target (no lib)

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 15:11:13 EDT 2009

When using install(TARGET) with a shared library, I get both the dll
and the .lib (if there were exports) installed.  I'm trying to do a
binary distribution, and I don't need or want the .lib portion.

Is there a way to tell cmake to not install the .lib portion?

I filed a bug on this, but there hasn't been any response on it.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=8781

The bug basically proposes using a special location (perhaps /dev/null
on all platforms) which is understood to mean don't install that
component.

Setting a target property also won't work, because I want to install
the library more than once (once for devs and once for binaries).

Would a possible work around be running some kind of script after
things are installed and remove the offending file?

Thanks,
James