[CMake] execute_process() and writing output to a file

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:23:02 EDT 2009

Hi,
I've currently been running doxygen through execute_process() in CMAKE. I've
set it up like this:

        find_package( Doxygen REQUIRED )

        execute_process(
            COMMAND "${DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE}" "${cmake_includes}/project.dox"
            WORKING_DIRECTORY "${documentation_dir}"
            OUTPUT_FILE "${documentation_dir}/doxygen_log.txt"
            ERROR_FILE "${documentation_dir}/doxygen_log.txt"
        )

However, this does not work. Doxygen is never run and the doxygen_log.txt
file has no contents. When I make OUTPUT_FILE and ERROR_FILE reference 2
different file names, it works fine. However, I want stderr and stdout to
both output to the same file in the proper order. It is important that I see
what "output" occurred before a specific "error", and I cannot do this if
they are in 2 different files.

How can I make this work?