[CMake] CPack ZIP generator: unwanted directory in zip

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 10:25:26 EDT 2009

2009/3/26 Stephen Collyer <scollyer at netspinner.co.uk>:
> 2009/3/26 Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>

Please do nogt forget the mailing list address.

>> > a) where the "-win32" is coming from, and can I remove it ?
>>
>> Yes you do.
>> You should be able to set what you want with
>> SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME  ""Whatever")
>
> OK that's removed the -win32. Thanks.
>>
>> > b) why the generator is inserting the mdpqt_HEAD directory ?
>>
>> Could you give us an example of the INSTALL command you use?
>> What is the value of your CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX var?

[...]

>> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Packaging_With_CPack#Using_CMake_variables_to_configure_CPack
>> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackConfiguration
>>

> Yes, I've read them. There's too little information there for me to have
> much idea what any of these variables are supposed to do.

You are right the documentation should be enhanced, may be no one
did have time to do it [yet].
You may now enhance the part you know :-)

> This is what I'm using to configure CPack:
>
> SET(CPACK_SET_DESTDIR                 "ON")    # required to support
> absolute install paths

I would say that shouldn't be used for the zip generator unless you effectively
install absolute path file. RPM generator needs it though.
You may try to only set it to ON in the UNIX case.

In order to better understand what happen I think we need an example
of INSTALL(.... ) command used in your CMakeLists.txt with the associated
path you find for this example in the zip file.

--
Erk