[CMake] message() text shows up as RED in cmake-gui

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Wed Mar 25 22:43:55 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Clinton Stimpson <clinton at elemtech.com>wrote:

> The intent I get from the documentation is that its a message that is meant
> to say something important.  It pops up in the CMakeSetup, shows up in the
> error section of ccmake, and stdout of cmake.
>
> Maybe cmake-gui should show it bold or something instead of red, which I
> also think of as an error.

The color might be a minor problem but another is that the messages will get
buried if there is a lot of STATUS.

As much as I hate the popup in CMakeSetup I have to wonder if burying a
warning that used to emit a popup so the user may have to scrollback to even
see it is necessarily a good change.

Perhaps a popup should be added again (obviously leaving some kind of
bold/colored output in place).  A simple checkbox on the bottom that says
"Skip future warning messages during this configure" or something like that
would be far better than how CMakeGui handles the case of multiple popups
becoming disruptive.

--
Philip Lowman