[CMake] Windows drive letter capitalization consistency

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 19:09:03 EDT 2009

I have noticed that CMake can be a little inconsistent with how drive
letters are managed.

Sometimes I get paths with "C:\" sometimes with "c:\".  When I
generate custom build time scripts using configure_file, often the
files change with only this letter change?

Even the CMakeCache.txt can change (showing only one change):

# It was generated by CMake: C:/Program Files (x86)/Programming/CMake
2.6/bin/cmake.exe
# It was generated by CMake: c:/Program Files (x86)/Programming/CMake
2.6/bin/cmake.exe

I've also seen this in vsproj files as well.

I'm wondering if there are any facilities in CMake for keeping these
path names consistent?

I'm using CMake 2.6.3 on WinXP.
VS 2005 (v8)

I'm using the Qt GUI to do configurations.

Thanks,
James