[CMake] Changing CTest compiler

Martin Santa María martin_san03 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:59:11 EDT 2009

Hello everybody,

I would like to know a little more about the MAKECOMMAND variable in CMake. I have a parallel compiler I would like to use with CTest to speed up the compilation.
I know what to put in this MAKECOMMAND variable to use my compiler but I do not know how it is build by default, and I think that I should understand this to get something general and robust.

I think that the MAKECOMMAND in windows is composed by:

${CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM} ${PROJECT_NAME}.sln /build ${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE} /project ALL_BUILD
for example:
    C:\...\devenv.com myproject.sln /build Release /project ALL_BUILD

is this correct? What I would like to get is:
    C:\...\BuildConsole.exe myproject.sln /BUILD Release|Win32 /PRJ=/ALL_BUILD

but I do not know if replacing MAKECOMMAND, CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM and CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is the best way to do this.
I tried to do this manually in CMake UI and it works, but I would like to build some script to do this automatically when BuildConsole.exe is found

Thanks to everybody

Martin