[CMake] CPack source package path

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 06:47:02 EDT 2009

2009/3/9 Adolfo Rodríguez <dofo79 at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I have set up CPack to generate source and binary packages with the TGZ
> generator. As I understand, the compressed tar consists of the files located
> in:
> ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/_CPack_Packages/Linux-Source/TGZ/
>
> I want to exclude some files from the package_source target, so I need to
> reference the above path. Are there any CMAKE/CPACK variable that contains
> the
> _CPack_Packages/Linux-Source/TGZ/ part of the path? So far I haven't found
> any, and am currently hardcoding this string in my CPack scripts.
>
> Any hints would be appreciated,

I'm not sure but
if I remember well it should be  CPACK_TOPLEVEL_DIRECTORY.

The CPack RPM generator has a "debugging" mode during which
it shows you some of thoses vars.

You may try:
cpack -D CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_DEBUG=1 -G RPM

then induce the values for the CPack TGZ generator.

CPack RPM is a binary generator so source generator
may use different vars. :-(

The next step would be to find+grep the source code :-)
--
Erk