[CMake] ccmake gets all squirrelly over which C++ compiler to use.

Thu Mar 5 10:22:59 EST 2009

Yeah, if you're comfortable using the Unix command line, using
non-interactive CMake this way is almost always an easier path to joy
than using the GUI or Curses interactive application.

It's why the Slicer people spent considerable time putting together a
suite of TCL scripts to do their builds, rather than ask users to
configure and build many different packages.

I've taken the Slicer scripts and tailored them to the BRAINS suite of
applications, and have spent some time fine tuning them to the point
where on supported platforms, there's no configuration necessary at
all for a full development build, and there's some support for
generating installable packages as well.