[CMake] Setting default make options for Makefiles generator

Adolfo Rodríguez dofo79 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 04:53:40 EST 2009

I would definitely support the idea. It's more or less what I was looking
for. I have a question on the proposal: Would the -Go flags have to be set
once per build folder (as the -G flag is), or could it be reset in succesive
runs of cmake? Both alternatives would work for me, but I think I prefer the
latter. For example, consider the example of parallel builds:

mkdir build; cd build; cmake -G"Unix Makefiles" -Go" -j" ../

then at some later point, run

cmake -Go"" ../

say, to ease console debugging on highly parallel machines.

Let's see what other people think about the idea, and the pros/cons of
supporting it (either as a -Go flag, a CMake variable, or whatever
implementation is deemed more convenient).

Cheers,

Adolfo

--
Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian