[CMake] Setting default make options for Makefiles generator

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 03:46:15 EST 2009

2009/3/5 Adolfo Rodríguez <dofo79 at gmail.com>:
> Thanks Philip,
>
> I had considered the alias option before, but wanted to rule out that there
> was no way of doing it the scope of a cmake project, however strange that
> may sound. I will probably take that path now.

Note that I find the idea of being able to pass generator-specific options/file
to cmake as a good idea. It could be done via a cmake command line option

cmake -G"Unix Makefiles" -Go"whatever option passed to the specific generator"

the -Go flags may be used to pass on generator specific options to the
generator itself. It may be used to pass some options such as the parallel build
for the makefile generator  or  whatever fancy VisualStudio specific
option to it etc...

-Go <string>
would be a placeholder which should be passed "as-is" to the generator
which may implement it's own way to handle its specific options
(more flags, file names containing things, etc...)

the baseline would be that generator shall not require -Go string but "may"
support specific options.

Do you (all) think it's worth a feature request ?

--
Erk