[CMake] cmake and dependencies

schoappied schoappied at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 04:34:10 EDT 2009

Tyler Roscoe wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:05:35PM +0200, schoappied wrote:
>
>> The part in the source looks like:
>>
>> # check for libsndfile
>> PKG_CHECK_MODULES(SNDFILE REQUIRED sndfile>=1.0.11)
>> IF(NOT SNDFILE_FOUND)
>>    MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR "LMMS requires libsndfile1 and libsndfile1-dev
>>
>>> = 1.0.11 - please install, remove CMakeCache.txt and try again!")
>>>
>> ENDIF(NOT SNDFILE_FOUND)
>>

> I've never used pkg_check_modules. What exactly are you trying to do? If
> you're just trying to use the sndfile library, find_library() is
> probably easier to use:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#command:find_library
>
> The docs go into detail about how to insure that CMake finds your
> library.

Thanks I'll look at that.

>>> You mean in cmake gui > add entry
>>>
>>> PATH:C:\Program Files\libsndfile
>>>
>>> ?
>>>
>>> What should be the name?
>>>

> No, I meant your system PATH variable. CMake Find modules use your PATH
> to help locate specific libraries.

I mostly work on Linux, so I'm not experienced on Windows, but this is
how my PATH looks like now:

%GTK_BASEPATH%\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin;C:\Program Files\libsndfile

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

~D