[CMake] cmake and dependencies

Tyler Roscoe tyler at cryptio.net
Thu Jul 23 17:04:39 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:05:35PM +0200, schoappied wrote:
> The part in the source looks like:
>
> # check for libsndfile
> PKG_CHECK_MODULES(SNDFILE REQUIRED sndfile>=1.0.11)
> IF(NOT SNDFILE_FOUND)
>    MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR "LMMS requires libsndfile1 and libsndfile1-dev
> >= 1.0.11 - please install, remove CMakeCache.txt and try again!")
> ENDIF(NOT SNDFILE_FOUND)

I've never used pkg_check_modules. What exactly are you trying to do? If
you're just trying to use the sndfile library, find_library() is
probably easier to use:

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#command:find_library

The docs go into detail about how to insure that CMake finds your
library.

> >>Where did you install your sndfile libraries? Are you explicitly telling
> >>CMake to look in that directory? Is this location in your PATH?
> >>
> >You mean in cmake gui > add entry
> >
> >PATH:C:\Program Files\libsndfile
> >
> >?
> >
> >What should be the name?

No, I meant your system PATH variable. CMake Find modules use your PATH
to help locate specific libraries.

tyler