[CMake] Eclipse generator - basic macros

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Tue Jul 14 18:32:29 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Mike Jackson wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Michael Jackson wrote:
>> On Jul 14, 2009, at 3:10 PM, Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva wrote:
>>
>>> Well, I see it as a viable workaround, but only if you use eclipse
>>> only with gcc. In the case where you might use nmake/eclipse, then it
>>> won't work.
>>
>>  If you are using nmake then you are using MSVC which means you would drop
>> down into the #if defined (_MSVC_VER) block. At that point FLOW_DLL is going
>> to be defined as either the import or export version neither of which I have
>> any faith that CDT Would be able to parse any way (or it might but I am not
>> holding my breath). So my guess is that it is not going to work but not
>> because of CMake or anything else, it would probably be CDT's fault.
>>
>> And if you _are_ using nmake successfully with CDT, how are you doing that.
>> I have tried more than a few times to set that up all without any luck.
>>
>> ** I am also assuming you mean the nmake that comes with Visual Studio and
>> not the nmake that comes with UWin from AT&T....
>>
> So. I'll take my foot out of my mouth now. I actually got CDT 6.0 to
> work with nmake (from VS 2008 Express). Now if I could just calm down
> the warning level that would make things readable.

I'm glad it works, I'm not using it ;)

I just remember that when I wrote the generator I intended it to be
useful as an extension to the Unix, MinGW, and NMake Makefiles
generators.

We can certainly use help in testing, so report any things you find
that are bugs or in any way lacking.

> And the form that I use to control the DLL import and export seems to
> work also.

Yes, I misread your approach; your right. However, as you indicate it
only works in this case, but you can't use this approach to do
compiler dependent conditionals in general.

--Miguel