[CMake] cdash<->ctest, label property

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Jul 13 09:57:43 EDT 2009

There are plenty of hits on "Label" if you grep in CMake/Source/CTest in CVS
HEAD of CMake...
There will be an article on adding labels and subproject support to your
projects coming out in the next issue of the Kitware Source newsletter.

To see labels in build results, you need to set the
variable CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS to ON -- with that variable on, ctest produces
a different style of error and warning output such that it does not have to
scrape any logs for the error information. It simply passes the full stderr
and stdout of the failed tool invocation on to CDash. And with that style of
error output, it's easy to assign labels based on targets (executables and
libraries) to the produced errors and warnings.

With the normal "log scraping technique" used in the past, it would be
nearly impossible to tell which errors came from which targets....

HTH,
David