[CMake] cdash<->ctest, label property

Vladimir Chebotarev vladimir.chebotarev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 06:47:56 EDT 2009

Hello!

I've just realized, that following thing doesn't work:

CDash 1.4
New features
Support for labels on builds, tests, coverage files
    * use CVS CMake/CTest and set target, test or source file property LABELS

...because there is no CTest code, which provide that information to CDash.

I looked into CTest/cmCTestBuildHandler.cxx and didn't find any
code, that prints "<Label>...</Label>" into xml. Also, there is no "Label"
anywhere in the sources of CTest. And in documentation too.
But CDash wants to use "Label" element in build xml file.
By the way, <Label></Label> shouldn't be directly inside <Build></Build>,
you should insert "wrapper" element because xml_handlers/build_handler.php:

151     if($parent == 'BUILD')
152       {
174       }

// many "else if" were skipped