[CMake] cmake generator for eclipse

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Wed Jan 28 23:12:13 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 9:59 AM, John Vines (CISD/HPCD) <jvines at arl.army.mil
> wrote:

> What versions of cmake support the generation of eclipse project files?  I
> am using cmake 2.4-patch 8 and am trying to generate an Eclipse project
> file, via "ccmake -G "Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles" and am not generating
> the .project files.

Docs are available on wiki if you haven't found them yet.  There is a way to
use Eclipse with CMake < 2.6.0 if needed (although I don't recommend it for
most people, CDT4 generator is much simpler)

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Eclipse

Also CMake no longer allows you to run -G with an unsupported generator name
(not sure when that bug was fixed but it's at least in 2.6.2).

--
Philip Lowman