[CMake] Obtaining dependencies of static libraries

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 04:36:47 EST 2009

On Thursday 22 January 2009 23:26:47 Robert Dailey wrote:
> With all do respect, why does it matter? Yes, in the generated target
> dependencies are handled for me but when I call get_target_property() with
> LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES it only includes the dependencies I specific for
> only that executable target, it does not provide me the transitive
> dependencies. This is a problem for me.
It matters because:
a) You're asking for help on a list of mostly volunteers so sometimes we ask
why you're doing something so we can direct you if you've just missed
something in CMake.
b) You may have uncovered a bug in CMake and we'd like to help make CMake
better than it is.

--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur