[CMake] Obtaining dependencies of static libraries

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 18:26:47 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
> wrote:

> On Thursday 22 January 2009, Robert Dailey wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The documentation for LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES (Target property) clearly
> > states that this is ignored for static libraries. However, I need to get
> > the list that was passed into target_link_libraries() for that static
> > library project.
>
> What do you need it for ?
> In general CMake takes care of handling the dependencies for you.

With all do respect, why does it matter? Yes, in the generated target
dependencies are handled for me but when I call get_target_property() with
LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES it only includes the dependencies I specific for
only that executable target, it does not provide me the transitive
dependencies. This is a problem for me.

In any case, I decided to maintain my own dependency variables for all my
projects and bypass using get_target_property() for now. This works
exceptionally well.