[CMake] cpack bundle generator qq

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Fri Jan 16 14:22:47 EST 2009

On Friday 16 January 2009 19:12:55 Clinton Stimpson wrote:
> To add this capability to the Bundle generator, how about just checking
> if CPACK_BUNDLE_NAME is not set?  If its not set, then simply take the
> install tree, and add a /Applications link, maybe a few other options to
> make it fancy, and dmg-ify it.  Seems in that case it would be a very
> simple generator, as I really want my "make install" tree to work.  And
> in my case where I want a top level directory containing multiple
> bundles and files, I could just set the CPACK_PACKAGING_INSTALL_PREFIX
> to get the same behavior as the PackageMaker generator.
Personally I think that behaviour would be pretty confusing as I'd argue the
CPACK_BUNDLE_NAME should be set by default to the project name, for instance.

I think the Bundle generator should (continue to) create the bundle, not rely
on one from MACOSX_LOCATION and that you should probably just change your
buildsystem rather than trying to change the generator to meet a scenario that
only you seem to want. Sorry to be blunt, apologies for my rudeness, I just
want to make sure that the Bundle generator improves its consistency in CPack
rather than getting worse.

--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur