[CMake] Confusion on how find_package works.

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jan 14 16:54:34 EST 2009

On 14.01.09 15:45:53, Robert Dailey wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > If you look at the cmake docs, then you'll find out that nothing in there
> > states that wildcards are allowed. Hence I'd assume that wildcards are not
> > supported.
> >
> > Also you only need to set one of the two for find_path to use the
> > directory.
>
> Well if only the CMake documentation was that reliable. There's information
> that I have found to be inaccurate or missing from the docs.

So far I haven't found inaccurate information myself, missing yes
sometimes.

> For example, the documentation for find_package() no where mentions the
> variable created for the COMPONENTS parameter. Looking at FindBoost.cmake,
> it appears to be in the form of <prefix>_FIND_COMPONENTS. Is this correct?

Apparently yes, but no idea where I got that from :) Would be good to
file a bugreport at www.cmake.org as this is indeed missing in the docs.

Andreas

--
You learn to write as if to someone else because NEXT YEAR YOU WILL BE
"SOMEONE ELSE."