[CMake] Confusion on how find_package works.

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 16:45:53 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> If you look at the cmake docs, then you'll find out that nothing in there
> states that wildcards are allowed. Hence I'd assume that wildcards are not
> supported.
>
> Also you only need to set one of the two for find_path to use the
> directory.

Well if only the CMake documentation was that reliable. There's information
that I have found to be inaccurate or missing from the docs.

For example, the documentation for find_package() no where mentions the
variable created for the COMPONENTS parameter. Looking at FindBoost.cmake,
it appears to be in the form of <prefix>_FIND_COMPONENTS. Is this correct?