[CMake] Ctest update to next revision?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 10:34:09 EST 2009

2009/2/3 David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:
> That's a great idea for a feature request. It's probably not feasible with
> out-of-the-box CVS, but you could certainly come up with an implementation
> of it for svn or any revision control system with atomic commits of multiple
> file changes at once.

I was writing something like this.
You may track the current revison using

svn info

then ask to update to "current revision +1" on each ctest run.
for CVS I think you wont be able to do that because of the non-atomic
commit scheme.

> You could probably get fancy with a script that does a custom update step
> and track the svn revision number yourself, and only allow it to increment
> one at a time.

However both for CVS and SVN you may use a "post commit" hook/trigger
which may be used to schedule the next ctest run.
This methods may be the safest way to do it but it may needs to have
server side access.

--
Erk