[CMake] SDL troubles on Mac OS X

Glenn Hughes ghughes02138 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 17:46:36 EST 2009

>I think the SDL developers are just being a bit "too" slick. They are setting up SDL for Xcode development where typically you would link to the SDL and then have a "Copy Files Phase" where you copy the framework into the Application Bundle that resides in the build directory.

Its a cultural difference also. Mac developers think of creating the
complete application as part of the build process. A Mac app generally
contains everything it needs so you can just drag it to another
machine and run it. I would never want a half-baked app that is wired
into my machine. Copying the libraries into the app isn't part of
"installation", its part of "building"... Copying the app somewhere
else is "installation" i.e. a no-op as far as my build process is
concerned.