[CMake] cmake install overrode my PATH instead of appending to it

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Dec 14 15:38:30 EST 2009

FWIW:
I made my user PATH value 302 characters long... as in:
C:\a;C:\b;C:\c;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\dddddddddd;C:\eeee

...then I installed CMake 2.8.0 from this installer:
http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.0-win32-x86.exe

And it worked. It appended the CMake installation path at the end of my big
long path, and then when I uninstalled it, it removed it and put my PATH
back to its original value.

If anybody has any additional details that would help me reproduce this
problem, I would really be grateful. The installer should NEVER destroy any
part of your PATH other than the component it adds itself for the CMake bin
directory...

If you can reproduce it, please add a note to this issue in the bug tracker:

Thanks,
David