[CMake] CMAKE_C_FLAGS reset to empty string

Ingolf Steinbach ingolf.steinbach at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 10 13:51:51 EST 2009

2009/12/8 Ingolf Steinbach <ingolf.steinbach at googlemail.com>:
> (Using cmake 2.6.4 on Linux). When I later call ccmake
> in the top-level build directory, the CMAKE_C_FLAGS variable does not
> contain the value specified in the toolchain file but is instead
> empty. The specified flags are not used for compilation of C sources.

Repeating the same experiment using cmake 2.8.0 on Linux still shows
empty CMAKE_C_FLAGS when looking at the variables with ccmake with the
top-level directory.

However, the compilation is now performed with the expected
CMAKE_C_FLAGS (i.e. those specified in the toolchain file).

Do you have an explanation for this?

Ingolf