[CMake] local build misses ccmake on IBM cell ppc64

Gao, Yi gaoyi.cn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 16:13:37 EST 2009

Hi,

I was trying to use a IBM cell machine to run some of my code, first
of which I need to set up CMake on it.

I downloaded all binary releases on cmake download page, but they
don't work. Giving me a "cannot execute binary file" error. This is
fine because the system seems to be not usual.

Then I download the unix source and configure and make. I got
executable cmake, but NOT ccmake

I redo the source-configure-make on a normal x86_64 machine and I DO
have ccmake....

Could anyone gives me some clue on how I could get ccmake? Thanks!

The info about the machine is: running uname -a I get:
Linux cell13 2.6.25.14-108.20080910bsc.ppc64 #1 SMP Fri Sep 12
11:44:36 CEST 2008 ppc64 ppc64 ppc64 GNU/Linux

Running cat /proc/cpuinfo I get:

processor       : 0
cpu             : Cell Broadband Engine, altivec supported
clock           : 3200.000000MHz
revision        : 5.1 (pvr 0070 0501)

processor       : 1
cpu             : Cell Broadband Engine, altivec supported
clock           : 3200.000000MHz
revision        : 5.1 (pvr 0070 0501)

processor       : 2
cpu             : Cell Broadband Engine, altivec supported
clock           : 3200.000000MHz
revision        : 5.1 (pvr 0070 0501)

processor       : 3
cpu             : Cell Broadband Engine, altivec supported
clock           : 3200.000000MHz
revision        : 5.1 (pvr 0070 0501)

timebase        : 14318000
platform        : Cell