[CMake] CMake 2.8.0 built on OS X crashes on Startup.

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Sat Dec 5 08:47:48 EST 2009

Probably what is going to happen is there will be "special" case
copies from frameworks into bundles. In this case, copying the
qt_menu.nib and any qt.conf is probably specific to QtGui.framework.
At this point I there is probably 2 things that need to happen.

 A bug report for the QtGui resources not being copied into ParaView and CMake
 A feature request to enhance the copying of Frameworks to
include/exclude any of the directories within a framework.

 The first one should be quick to solve for someone on the
ParaView/Cmake teams since it is the same code.

  The second one may be tougher because besides the couple of "well
known" directories inside frameworks, a developer can pretty much put
anything inside a framework. I'll leave it up to the CMake developers
to come up with something if anything is really deemed needed.

 Of course my frustration is really ONLY valid if building CMake
against Qt 4.5 is an Officially sanctioned/supported platform. If Qt
4.5 is Officially supported then CMake 2.8 is Broken and needs an
update ASAP to bring it up to par. Period. If Qt 4.4 is the ONLY
version sanctioned by CMake then nothing is really broken and the
problem is my own.

  Same thing goes for ParaView as it suffers the same problem.
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net