[CMake] Source file symlinks on out-of-source builds

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 15:42:13 EST 2009

2009/12/3 Rodolfo Schulz de Lima <rodolfo at rodsoft.org>:
> Michael Jackson wrote:
>> I guess those of us that use IDEs like Visual Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans,
>> Xcode, CobeBlocks, QtCreator may not see the issue you are trying to
>> solve.
>
> That's precisely it, I'm use an old-school setup, Vi + make, and my idea
> would certainly be helpful in this case.

I'm using both vi+make and Eclipse CDT (for C/C++ project using CMake).
In fact I was a "pure command line" guy until the noise of mouse click
surround me and I decided to give a try to IDE way to see the code :-)

When I'm in the vi+make mode I usually have 2 terminals
(or two tabs in the same terminal)

1) one for compiling/executing (all command line)
2) second one for editing (with vi)

That's fine for me, but I think it's an habit of mine.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org