[CMake] Source file symlinks on out-of-source builds

Rodolfo Schulz de Lima rodolfo at rodsoft.org
Thu Dec 3 15:17:21 EST 2009

Jed Brown wrote:
> I use command-find-tag "M-." and enter (a) part of the file name (not
> including the path) or (b) part of the function name, with tab
> completion, or (c) part of the struct name also with tab completion, and
> it takes me to the definition.  No need to enter paths, and this works

How does emacs know all the project files? Or it is only looking
backwards on the include list (this would only find header files)?

> I don't see how an in-source build would make any of this easier, but it
> would limit me to one configuration.

I think that there's a misunderstanding here. I'm not for in-source
builds, quite the contrary. I just want to have my source files
symlinked inside the out-of-build tree. Maybe we must come with another
term for this kind of tree (symlink tree looks good). This wouldn't
limit yourself to one configuration. You would have all benefits of both
worlds, in-source and out-source build trees.

[]s,
rod