[CMake] Using Checksum to generate files

avner cohen avcoh at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 09:33:18 EDT 2009

Eric,
I may have used wrong terminolegy there, my IDLs are indeed part of the the project, It's only that the project is a C++ based project, so the IDLs are not being "compiled" in any way, they are used to generated a set of .h and .cpp files (which in term, are patr of the project.
As soon as I generate these files, all compilers (xlC, cc and gcc) will execute a full build, even if the files are identical to the previously generated files.

So my main aim is to find a way to:
1. Always check if IDL changed.
2. Generated ouput .cpp and .h files only IDL are changed.

Thanks,

Avner.