[CMake] Can't configure Perl on Windows

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Nov 27 18:25:27 EST 2008

On Friday 28 November 2008, Tron Thomas wrote:
> When I remove the PATHS entry from the find_library library, CMake
> succeeds.  This is because I have Cygwin installed, and CMake finds the

Hmm. Mainly it succeeds because now it defaults to the "module-mode", i.e. it
searches for a FindPerl.cmake and executes this (which then find cygwin
first).
With your previous code it switched to "config-mode" and was searching for a
PerlConfig.cmake, which it didn't find.

So, if you want cmake to find a specific version of something, set your
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH so that it contains the root directory of that software.
The directories in CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH will be searched first.
(works both as an environment variable as well as a cmake variable).

Alex