[CMake] Problem on FindBoost.cmake under Windows with Visualstudio 2008

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Nov 14 12:58:47 EST 2008

On 14.11.08 18:45:22, Yang, Y. wrote:
> Hi, All
>
> When I try to find Boost using cmake, I run into the following problem.
>
> D:\test\build>cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" ..
> -- The CXX compiler identification is MSVC
> -- Check for CL compiler version
> -- Check for CL compiler version - 1500
> -- Check if this is a free VC compiler
> -- Check if this is a free VC compiler - no
> -- Check CL platform
> -- Check CL platform - 32 bit
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: D:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual
> Studio 9.0/
> VC/bin/cl.exe
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: D:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual
> Studio 9.0/
> VC/bin/cl.exe -- works
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
> CMake Error at cmake/FindBoost.cmake:386 (INCLUDE):
>   include could not find load file:
>
>     LibFindMacros

You're not using the official FindBoost.cmake from CMake 2.6, so you're on
your own. Basically it tells you that there's no LibFindMacros.cmake file
and thus no libfind_process cmake command or macro.

If you're using cmake 2.4 I suggest upgrading, the 2.4 Module is
rather outdated and pretty old so no wonder that it doesn't work with a
recent compiler.

Andreas

--
Everything that you know is wrong, but you can be straightened out.