[CMake] Bundle Generator conflicts with MACOSX_BUNDLE

Timothy M. Shead tshead at sandia.gov
Tue Nov 4 14:22:05 EST 2008

Mike Arthur wrote:

> - Don't make CPACK_BUNDLE_STARTUP_COMMAND mandatory for people who want to
> manually install to the correct location (../MacOS) as you have to do the same
> for Frameworks and therefore its not actually needed. Alternatively, don't
> fail when you can't copy the target.

> - Again, don't make CPACK_BUNDLE_ICON mandatory as bundles work fine without a
> set icon.

> - Provide a default Info.plist (similar to Modules/CPack.Info.plist.in) and
> set sensible using the correct variables.

> - Use sensible defaults from CPack variables e.g. CPACK_BUNDLE_NAME should
> default to PROJECT_NAME

> - Allow specifying a custom .DS_Store and background.png file to be added into
> the DMG.

I'd generalize this to simply specify a list of files to be added to the
DMG, but yes.

> Which of the above do you think you will implement and what is any sort of
> approximate timescale?

These are all sensible behaviors, completely consistent with what I had
in mind long-term, but very, very low priority for me.  You should
jump-in and submit patches for anything that matters to you.  As long as
I retain the (optional) flexibility that I need, I'm happy.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy M. Shead