[CMake] Bundle Generator conflicts with MACOSX_BUNDLE

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 05:13:39 EST 2008

On Sunday 02 November 2008 03:29:36 Timothy M. Shead wrote:
> That's the (untested) idea - although it occurs to me that the copy
> command may try to copy the symlink target instead of the link itself.
Right, changes I'd advocate or am currently working on:
- Don't make CPACK_BUNDLE_STARTUP_COMMAND mandatory for people who want to
manually install to the correct location (../MacOS) as you have to do the same
for Frameworks and therefore its not actually needed. Alternatively, don't
fail when you can't copy the target.
- Again, don't make CPACK_BUNDLE_ICON mandatory as bundles work fine without a
set icon.
- Provide a default Info.plist (similar to Modules/CPack.Info.plist.in) and
set sensible using the correct variables.
- Use sensible defaults from CPack variables e.g. CPACK_BUNDLE_NAME should
default to PROJECT_NAME
- Allow specifying a custom .DS_Store and background.png file to be added into
the DMG.

Which of the above do you think you will implement and what is any sort of
approximate timescale?

I'm going to work on the first and possibly last as I need their functionality
in the next week and I'll attach a patch against the current CVS when they are
working for me.

--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur