[CMake] Creating multiple (deb) packages from one source tree using CPack

Jorrit Schaap jorrit.schaap at sport-track.com
Fri Jun 27 10:14:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

We have quite a large source tree with many libraries and many
executables. We use CMake to build everything which works great.

To deploy the executables we create deb packages by hand, gathering some
executables and libs for one package, and gathering some other
executables and libs for another package, etc etc. This is vary
laborious and error prone.

I tried to use CMake/CPack to create the packages, but as I understand
it now, it looks like CPack can only be configured to create one package
from one source tree, and not multiple packages. Is this correct? If
not, can someone please tell me how to create multiple packages?

best regards, Jorrit