[CMake] WORKING_DIRECTORY ignored for ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND on VisualStudio?

Martin Apel martin.apel at simpack.de
Fri Jun 27 09:31:08 EDT 2008

Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Martin Apel wrote:
>> Bill Hoffman wrote:

>>> cd .
>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> this doesn't result in any output at all:
>> ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND (COMMAND cd .
>>                                                   WORKING_DIRECTORY
>> ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR})
>>
>> I think "cd ." cannot work, because there is no cd.exe under Windows.
>> I even tried "C:/WINNT/System32/cmd.exe /C cd .", but this didn't
>> work either.
>>

> It does work.   The output is going to be in that html file that
> visual studio creates when it does the build.  I think you have to
> cntrl-click to see it.
>
> -Bill

I finally found it. I had already looked at the build output, but as
there was a new-line missing and I simply added it to the
CMakeLists.txt, where I needed it, so it was buried in other output. Sorry.
Anyway, the directory is always equal to ${EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH}, no
matter what I specify as WORKING_DIRECTORY in ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND.

Regards,

Martin

--

Martin Apel                                     Tel:     0049 8153 9288-47
Software Architect                              E-Mail:  martin.apel at simpack.de

INTEC GmbH                                      Tel:     0049 8153 9288-0
Argelsrieder Feld 13                            Fax:     0049 8153 9288-11
82234 Wessling                                  E-Mail:  intec at simpack.de
Germany                                         URL:     http://www.simpack.com