[CMake] Unwanted quoting of $

Jarl Lindrud Jarl.Lindrud at towersoft.com.au
Wed Jun 25 21:12:29 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've run into a problem trying to pass command line parameters to Visual
C++, that contain the $ character. I'm building a C++/CLI module, and
need to reference some .NET assemblies, with the /FU compiler option.
Since Visual Studio stores the installation location of .NET in one of
its own macros,  $(FrameworkDir), I want to pass the following compiler
options verbatim to Visual Studio:

/FU $(FrameworkDir)/v2.0.50727/System.dll

But if I go

ADD_DEFINES( /FU $(FrameworkDir)/v2.0.50727/System.dll ),

, what I end up with in Visual Studio is

/FU "$"(FrameworkDir)/v2.0.50727/System.dll

, which obviously is not going to work.

So what do I need to do to pass a $ character through to Visual Studio,
without the quotes? I'm using cmake 2.6.0 .

Thanks,

Jarl.

--
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. TRIM Context is the perfect place to store vital e-mails for future reference.

TOWER Software Web Site: http://www.towersoft.com

This e-mail message (and attachments) may contain information confidential to TOWER Software. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message or message attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail immediately and delete all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of TOWER Software, are not given or endorsed by it.

Message  protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.
http://www.mailguard.com.au